Most people think catching the big one is the purpose of the competition. That’s true! But don’t forget to remember the true purpose of this tournament!
- Experience Nature — Take it all in! Learn, and appreciate our natural environment.
- Strengthen Family — Fishing is a memorable activity and fun for the whole family.
- Build Friendships — Share stories, laugh, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Leadership Training — Lessons learned from fishing are the secrets to successful leadership.
- Grow Your Spirit — While on the water reflect about life and tune in to your inner soul.
- Thank God — Give gratitude for all of life’s great blessings.
The Peace King Cup Fishing Tournament on the Hudson River was established in 2000. It has been held each year during the spring striped bass season with over one hundred participants every year. In 2012, the fishing area was expanded from Half Moon Bay on the Hudson River to a wider NY/NJ area extending from Half Moon Bay on the Hudson to Raritan Bay, NJ. Expansion of the tournament area has improved the chances of a prize-winning catch!
The first place winner in 2012 was Rev. Ki Yeal Lee, Korean Evangelical Association President who caught a striped bass 44” in length. Other participants landed a 42” striper and several fish over 38”. We expect good fishing this year as well. Community groups, family, friends, and individuals, young and old, are all welcome to this exciting event. Reserve your spot on an Ocean Church boat with experienced captains. Rod, reel and bait are provided. Two sets of fishing tackle are provided (additional tackle is available for a small fee if necessary). Bring your lunch and enjoy the sights while fishing in and around New York Harbor. This is your chance to catch the fish of a lifetime plus the first place prize!